Individual and Relationship counsellor, Ali Thompson is based at Berkeley Vale Neighbourhood Centre. Ali is a qualified, accredited counsellor whose aim is to offer the whole community affordable professional counselling for men, women, teenagers, and couples.
In difficult circumstances, family members and friends are unable to always provide an objective point of view. Counselling offers this objective perspective, thus enabling you, to gain insights and learn strategies to assist in managing your particular situation. There will be issues and problems, past and present that you may not want to share with people closest to you. The counselling room offers you a confidential, secure, non-judgmental, supportive environment where you can work through your problems and issues. In this safe environment you will have time to reflect upon your circumstances, ithout judgment
There are no hard and fast rules. If something is troubling you it can be worth spending some time thinking about why this may be happening. There are however a number of issues that frequently come up.
- Sexual abuse, violent assault, unwanted pregnancy, serious health problems
- Anxiety, stress, panic attacks, sleeplessness
- Bereavement: Loss, anger, loneliness, sadness
- Lack of confidence: Worried about failing, never being good enough, feeling judged, feelings of inadequacy
- Depression: Feeling isolated, lonely, empty, tearful, unloved, suicidal feelings.
- Repeated destructive behaviour: Binge eating, self-harming, abusive relationships, alcohol, drug abuse and other addictive behaviours
- Feeling of being out of control,
- Transitioning: Whether at University, the workforce, kids leaving home, migrating from another country and culture it can be all be a difficult process which may require extra support
- Exam and study stress
- Post-Traumatic Stress
- Post Natal depression
- Bullying, work place bullying
- Being a main carer
- Relationship break down
- Childhood trauma
Ad Dip Counselling, Vocational Graduate Diploma Relationship Counselling.
Australian Counselling Association (ACA)
Monday to Friday – 9.30am to 6.30pm
Home visits can be arranged
For more information, please visit Ali’s website